Hank Garland - Jazz Winds From A New Direction mp3 flac download
Artists Hank Garland Jazz Winds From a New Direction. Jazz Winds From a New Direction Hank Garland. Jazz Winds From a New Direction. This album has an average beat per minute of 122 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 76/168 BPM). Tracklist Jazz Winds From a New Direction.
Listen to Jazz Winds From A New Direction now. Listen to Jazz Winds From A New Direction in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
Hank Garland is best known for his session work with Elvis Presley at RCA in Nashville. That’s him hitting that proto- Back In Black lick on The King’s 1961 hit Little Sister. Like most of the hot country pickers of the 50s, Hank was actually a dyed-in-the-wool jazzer and his debut album finds him duelling with smoking vibraphonist Gary Burton at breakneck speed. There are no dogs here but the stunning Riot-Chous is the pick of the litter. It’s funkier than a month-old tuna sandwich.
Free download and listen Jazz Winds From A New Direction. Gary Burton, Hank Garland, Ирвинг Берлин. Style: pop. Album year: 2011. Tracks count: 6. Views: 11. Hank Garland - Rioot-Chous 07:52. Gary Burton, Hank Garland - Three-four, the blues 04:01. Gary Burton, Hank Garland - Relaxin' 06:11.
Artist: Hank Garland Genre: Jazz Release Date: 03/10/2015 Label: Speakers Corner Records Catalog Number: CL 8372 Recording: Studio Length: 31:23 Format: Vinyl L. Jazz Winds From A New Direction (LP) Hank Garland. Subtle Swing (LP) Hank Garland. Move! The Guitar Artistry Of Hank Garland (CD) Hank Garland.
Jazz Winds from a New Direction - EP. 1960. The Original 1949-1957 Decca/Chic Recordings. The Guitar Artistry of Hank Garland. Jazz Winds from a New Direction (Jazz Club Collection). Zero ads. Try it now. Learn more. More ways to shop: Visit an Apple Store, call 1-800-MY-APPLE, or find a reseller.
Jazz Winds From A New Direction. Larkins is best known for his recordings with Ella Fitzgerald. The album Ella Sings Gershwin features Larkins as the sole accompanist. Both his parents were classical musicians. His father, a violinist, started his young son on piano lessons at the age of four. Ellis progressed quickly, eventually joining his father in performances with a local black orchestra in his hometown.
Hank Garland (second from left) and others at a recording session for Elvis. Guitarist Hank Garland, best known for his work with Elvis, also provided the round, warm guitar sound for countless classic country tunes (for non-country fans, his work might be most familiar via Brenda Lee’s Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree and Bobby Helms’ Jingle Bell Rock ). But he led something of a double life jamming with jazz musicians (including, apocryphally, Charlie Parker) in New York, and eventually released a few jazz albums before a 1961 car accident left him unable to play. Hank started moving into Jazz and in 1960, with Grady Martin in the producers chair, he recorded the album ‘Jazz Winds From A New Direction’. In 1961 he was back in the studio with Elvis working on the ‘Follow That Dream’ soundtrack album.
Hank Garland was one of the best jazz guitarists, but the secret to his success was; he knew when to play it straight for the sake of making an effective hit record, rather than a far out jazz excursion-like too many others today seem to do. The recordings on this CD are all lesser-known songs, and not quite as jazzy as his greatest album "Jazz Winds From A New Direction" which has been reissued as a 2-CD "Move-The Guitar Artistry Of Hank Garland". 3 people found this helpful.
|A1||All The Things You Are||4:27|
|A2||Three-Four, The Blues||3:58|
- Published By – Chappell & Co.
- Published By – Copyright Control
- Published By – Ardmore & Beechwood
- Published By – Francis, Day & Hunter
- Published By – Planetary-Kahl
- Lacquer Cut At – Philips Records Ltd.
- Bass – Joe Benjamin
- Drums – Joe Morello
- Guitar – Hank Garland
- Photography By [Photo] – Don Cravens
- Sleeve Notes – John Hammond
- Vibraphone [Vibes] – Gary Burton
NotesFirst and 2nd cat #s on sleeve rear & spine, 3rd & 4th on labels.
Recording first published 1961
Made in England
UK purchase tax code (E/T) applicable from Apr 8, 1959 to Aug 1, 1960
Chappell & Co. (A1)
Copyright Control (A2, B1)
Ardmore & Beechwood (A3)
Francis, Day & Hunter: P.F.D. (A4)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (A-side label): AA 847103 1Y
- Matrix / Runout (B-side label): AA 847103 2Y
- Matrix / Runout (A-side runout, stamped): AA847103▽1Y▽1//420VV V
- Matrix / Runout (B-side runout, stamped): AA847103▽2Y▽1//420VV 0
- Rights Society: BIEM
- Rights Society: NCB
- Other (UK purchase tax code, embossed A-side centre label ): E/T
|CL 1572||Hank Garland||Jazz Winds From A New Direction (LP, Mono)||Columbia||CL 1572||US||1961|
|CS 8372||Hank Garland||Jazz Winds From A New Direction (LP, Album)||Columbia||CS 8372||US||1961|
|47103, B 47103 L||Hank Garland||Jazz Winds From A New Direction (LP, Album, Mono, RE)||Philips, Philips||47103, B 47103 L||Netherlands||Unknown|
|CS 8372||Hank Garland||Jazz Winds From A New Direction (LP, Album, RE, 180)||Speakers Corner Records||CS 8372||Germany||2015|
|CL 1572||Hank Garland||Jazz Winds From A New Direction (LP, Mono, Promo)||Columbia||CL 1572||US||1961|
- Roy Richards - Roy Richards Live flac mp3 album
- Marty Robbins - El Paso flac mp3 album
- The Karl Denver Trio - The Karl Denver Trio flac mp3 album
- Maxi Priest - The Maxi Priest E.P flac mp3 album
- Luis Alberto del Parana And His Trio Los Paraguayos - Paraguayan Magic flac mp3 album
- Joe Sweeney - Make U Move flac mp3 album
- Various - Sounds Of The Seventies flac mp3 album
- Jackie Edwards - The Best Of Jackie Edwards flac mp3 album
- The Fabulous Dave Brubeck Trio And Octet - The Fabulous Dave Brubeck flac mp3 album
- Herman's Hermits - The Best Of The EMI Years Volume 1: 1964 - 1966 flac mp3 album