John Greaves / Peter Blegvad / Lisa Herman - Kew. Rhone. mp3 flac download
This page includes John Greaves, Peter Blegvad & Lisa Herman: Kew. Rhone. Ke. hone is an often overlooked masterpiece from the 1970s, a multilayered concept album that combines the complexity of RIO with the melodic sensibilities of the best Canterbury bands and which features perhaps the most erudite lyrics in the history of progressive rock. John Greaves (music) and Peter Blegvad (lyrics) began their creative partnership when Henry Cow and Slapp Happy joined forces for Desperate Straits - their song 'Bad Alchemy' was one of that album's highlights, and they have continued to write and perform together on an occasional basis ever since.
Vocals – April Lang, Carla Bley, Dana Johnson, Lisa Herman. Vocals, Guitar, Tenor Saxophone – Peter Blegvad.
Piano, Organ, Bass, Vocals – John Greaves. Saxophone, Flute – Vito Rendace. Trumpet, Trombone, Engineer – Michael Mantler. Violin – Michael Levine (2). Vocals – April Lang, Carla Bley, Dana Johnson, Lisa Herman. Includes printed inner sleeve with lyrics. Other Versions (5 of 12) View All. Cat.
Blegvad wrote all of the lyrics and Greaves the music. Initially just a duo of Blegvad (guitar, vocals) and Greaves (keyboards, bass, vocals), with Lisa Herman joining them as guest vocalist, The Lodge ultimately transformed into a New York-based band by adding Jakko Jakszyk (guitar, flute and vocals), Anton Fier (drums) and Kristoffer Blegvad (vocals). The Lodge’s initial live performances were in May 1987 as a duo/trio of Greaves and Peter Blegvad with Lisa Herman guesting on some songs .
Album · 1976 · 11 Songs. John Greaves, Peter Blegvad & Lisa Herman. 6. Catalogue of Fifteen Objects and Their Titles. 7. One Footrnote (To Kew. 8. Three Tenses Onanism. 9. Nine Mineral Emblems.
Студийный альбом от John Greaves, Peter Blegvad, Lisa Herman. В альбом вошло 13 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 46:08. John GreavesPeter BlegvadLisa Herman. Seven Scenes From the Painting 'Exhuming the First American Mastodon' By .
Album by John Greaves, Peter Blegvad and Lisa Herman. Seven Scenes from the Painting "Exhuming the First American Mastodon" by . One Footnote (to Kew. Musicians: John Greaves – piano, organ, bass, vocals; percussion on "One Footnot. Peter Blegvad – vocals, guitar; tenor sax on "Pipeline".
Tracklist Hide Credits
Tenor Saxophone – Carla Bley
Vocals – Dana Johnson
|3||Seven Scenes From The Painting "Exhuming The First American Mastodon" By C.W. Peale|
Claves – Boris KinbergTenor Saxophone – Peter BlegvadVocals – April Lang
|6||Catalogue Of Fifteen Objects And Their Titles|
|7||One Footnote (To Kew. Rhone.)
Percussion – John GreavesTenor Saxophone – Carla Bley
|8||Three Tenses Onanism
Vocals – April Lang
|9||Nine Mineral Emblems
Vocals – Michael Levine
|12||Lisa Peter & John Practice Bad Alchemy|
|13||And Almost Get It Right|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Le Chant Du Monde
- Copyright (c) – John Greaves
- Pressed By – Sonopress – 51171404
- Recorded At – Grog Kill Studio
- Remastered At – Studios La Buissonne
- Distributed By – Harmonia Mundi Distribution
- Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Flute – Vito Rendace
- Drums, Percussion – Andrew Cyrille
- Guitar, Vocals, Lyrics By, Cover – Peter Blegvad
- Liner Notes [Translated By] – Alain Raemackers, Delia Morris
- Piano, Organ, Bass, Vocals, Arranged By, Music By, Liner Notes – John Greaves
- Recorded By – Lisa Herman (tracks: 12, 13)
- Remastered By – Gilles Olivesi
- Supervised By [Reissue] – Alain Raemackers
- Trumpet, Trombone, Engineer – Mike Mantler*
- Violin, Viola – Michael Levine
- Vocals – Carla Bley, Lisa Herman
NotesRecorded at Grog Kill Studio, Woodstock, New York, October '76.
Tracks 12, 13 recorded at the Village Corner n.y.c summer 1976
Remastered at Studio La Buissonne Pernes Les Fontaines April 2nd 2004
CD Reissue (with 2 bonus tracks)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 94881 70932 8
- Matrix / Runout: Sonopress 51171404/2741197 22
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LB45
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0779
- SPARS Code: ADD
- Rights Society: SACEM SACD SDRM SGDL
|V 2082||John Greaves / Peter Blegvad / Lisa Herman||John Greaves / Peter Blegvad / Lisa Herman - Kew. Rhone. (LP, Album)||Virgin||V 2082||UK||1977|
|OVED 171||John Greaves / Peter Blegvad / Lisa Herman||John Greaves / Peter Blegvad / Lisa Herman - Kew. Rhone. (LP, RE)||Virgin||OVED 171||UK||Unknown|
|CEL 6795||John Greaves / Peter Blegvad / Lisa Herman||John Greaves / Peter Blegvad / Lisa Herman - Kew. Rhone. (LP, Album)||Celluloid||CEL 6795||France||Unknown|
|ReR QR1||John Greaves, Peter Blegvad, Lisa Herman||John Greaves, Peter Blegvad, Lisa Herman - Kew. Rhone. (CD, Album, RE)||ReR Megacorp||ReR QR1||UK & Europe||2015|
|VIP-4098, VIRG-4098||John Greaves / Peter Blegvad / Lisa Herman||John Greaves / Peter Blegvad / Lisa Herman - Kew. Rhone. (LP, Album, RE)||Virgin, Virgin||VIP-4098, VIRG-4098||Japan||1981|
- Carla Bley - The Very Big Carla Bley Band flac mp3 album
- Gary Burton - Selected Recordings flac mp3 album
- Peter Blegvad - "Wake Up To Peter Blegvad..." flac mp3 album
- John Greaves - Parrot Fashions flac mp3 album
- Peter Bjorn And John - Peter Bjorn And John flac mp3 album
- The Carla Bley Big Band - Looking For America flac mp3 album
- The Carla Bley Big Band - Goes To Church flac mp3 album
- Karen Mantler - Karen Mantler And Her Cat Arnold Get The Flu flac mp3 album
- Michael Mantler - Review flac mp3 album
- John Abercrombie, Marc Johnson , Peter Erskine - John Abercrombie, Marc Johnson, Peter Erskine flac mp3 album