Robert Denning AND Jack Holt / Criterion Quartet - Down Among The Sleepy Hills Of Tennessee / Beside A Babbling Brook mp3 flac download
A. Down Among The Sleepy Hills Of Tennessee. B. Beside A Babbling Brook. Written-By – Kahn, Donaldson. Recorded April, 1923. Also released on Perfect (3) 14122. According to Allen Sutton's "Pseudonyms on American Records 1892-1942" the Hollywood Dance Orchestra is actually that of Nathan Glantz for this release.
Peter James Denning (born January 6, 1942) is an American computer scientist and writer.
Long Way Down" is a song by American musician Robert DeLong. It was released as the lead single from his second studio album In the Cards (2015). An EP accompanying the release of the single was released on November 10, 2014. The song reached number 3 on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart. Long Way Down" was released as an EP on November 10, 2014, featuring three other tracks. The song was also released in the UK as a promotional CD single
She Dwelt Among the Untrodden Ways" is a three-stanza poem written by the English Romantic poet William Wordsworth in 1798 when he was 28 years old. The verse was first printed in Lyrical Ballads, 1800, a volume of Wordsworth's and Samuel Taylor Coleridge's poems that marked a climacteric in the English Romantic movement.
Robert Charles Edward DeLong (born February 18, 1986) is an American electronic musician from Bothell, Washington and currently residing in Los Angeles, California. With a background in percussion and influences from a number of indie rock bands, DeLong's primary genres include house, dubstep, and moombahton. He has released two full-length albums on Glassnote Records: Just Movement in January 2013 and In the Cards in September 2015, along with the EP Long Way Down in November 2014.
By thirty hills I hurry down, Or slip between the ridges, By twenty thorpes, a little town, And half a hundred bridges. Till last by Philip's farm I flow To join the brimming river, For men may come and men may go, But I go on for ever. I chatter over stony ways, In little sharps and trebles, I bubble into eddying bays, I babble on the pebbles. With many a curve my banks I fret By many a field and fallow, And many a fairy foreland set With willow-weed and mallow. I chatter, chatter, as I flow To join the brimming river, For men may come and men may go, But I go on for ever.
For the critic Geoffrey Durrant, the three stanzas of ‘She Dwelt among the Untrodden Ways’ represent ‘Lucy’s growth, perfection, and death’. If you found this analysis of ‘She Dwelt among the Untrodden Ways’ helpful, you might also enjoy our discussion of Wordsworth’s ‘A slumber did my spirit seal’.
|R||–Robert Denning And Jack Holt||Down Among The Sleepy Hills Of Tennessee|
|L||–Criterion Quartet*||Beside A Babbling Brook|
- Record Company – Edison Laboratories
Notessition of the L-side label indicates that this record was pressed in September, 1924.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side R (label)): 8905
- Matrix / Runout (Side L (label)): 8960
- American Quartet / Irving & Jack Kaufman - Lullaby Blues / When The Bees Make Honey flac mp3 album
- Various - Tennessee Jamboree flac mp3 album
- Tennessee Mountaineers - Tennessee Blues / May I Sleep In Your Barn Mister flac mp3 album
- Steven Gruskin - Interludes (Babbling Brook) flac mp3 album
- National Male Quartet - A Street Corner Quartet / Jubilee Days flac mp3 album
- Eddy Arnold And His Tennessee Plowboys - All Time Hits From The Hills flac mp3 album
- Harry Raderman's Dance Orchestra - Somewhere In Napoli / In Dreams With You flac mp3 album
- Allen Sisson - Kentucky Waggoners / Grey Eagle flac mp3 album
- F. E. Denning - Descent Into Darkness flac mp3 album
- Váša Příhoda - Hymn To The Sun / Witch's Dance flac mp3 album