The Alan Parsons Project - Gaudi mp3 flac download
Gaudi is the tenth album by The Alan Parsons Project, released in 1987. Gaudi refers to Antoni Gaudí, the Catalan Spanish architect, and the opening track references what is probably his best known building, la Sagrada Família. Closer to Heaven" and "Money Talks" were used in an episode of the third season of the TV series Miami Vice, with "Paseo de Gracia" (even though in Catalan -and officially- the exact name is Passeig de Gràcia) appearing in an episode in the show's fifth season.
This was the last contractual Alan Parsons Project album for Arista Records and rumor has it that when the album was submitted to them, somebody said ‘this is about a Spanish architect and we are in the rock and roll business. Gaudi on the other hand, was more religiously inspired, but either way, the concept of the song ‘Closer to Heaven’ was born in Eric’s mind. When Eric was writing the album, he paid a visit to Cintra, a fortress near Lisbon, where a princess had been imprisoned. Inspired by the tale, he recalls walking round the inside of the building and writing the entire music and lyric of the song ‘Inside Looking Out’.
Gaudi is the tenth album by The Alan Parsons Project, released in 1987.
Band Name The Alan Parsons Project. Music StyleProgressive Rock. Members owning this album13. 1. La Sagrada Familia. 4. Standing on Higher Ground.
Series: Alan Parsons Project Arista Years Collection –. Format: CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered. Gaudi (CD, Album, RE, Unofficial, Min).
Album · 1986 · 7 Songs. The Essential Alan Parsons Project. Tales Of Mystery And Imagination - Edgar Allan Poe (1987 Remix).
Gaudi is a music studio album recording by THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT (Crossover Prog/Progressive Rock) released in 1987 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||La Sagrada Familia
Lead Vocals – John Miles
Lead Vocals – Lenny Zakatek
|3||Closer To Heaven
Lead Vocals – Eric Woolfson
|4||Standing On Higher Ground
Lead Vocals – Geoff Barradale
Lead Vocals – John Miles
|6||Inside Looking Out
Lead Vocals – Eric Woolfson
|7||Paseo De Gracia (Instrumental)||3:43|
|8||Too Late (Eric Woolfson Rough Guide Vocal)|
|9||Standing On Higher Ground/Losing Proposition (Vocal Experiments)|
|10||Money Talks (Chris Rainbow/Percussion Overdubs)|
|11||Money Talks (Rough Mix Backing Track)|
|12||Closer To Heaven (Sax/Chris Rainbow Overdub Section)|
|13||Paseo De Gracia (Rough Mix)|
|14||La Sagrada Familia (Rough Mix)|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Arista Records LLC
- Copyright (c) – Arista Records LLC
- Published By – Woolfsongs Ltd.
- Published By – Careers Music, Inc.
- Recorded At – The Grange
- Recorded At – Mayfair Studios
- Arranged By [Orchestral Arrangements By] – Andrew Powell
- Art Direction, Design – Maude Gilman
- Bass – Laurie Cottle*
- Cello – John Heley
- Choir – The English Chorale
- Conductor [Choir], Timpani [Timps] – Bob Howes*
- Drums, Percussion – Stuart Elliott
- Engineer – Alan Parsons, Tony Richards
- Executive-Producer – Eric Woolfson
- Guitar [Guitars] – Ian Bairnson
- Leader [Led The Horns] – David Cripp
- Photography [Photographs On Front Cover, Innersleeve And In The Center Of Top And Middle Rows On Back Cover Courtesy Of] – FISA
- Photography [Photographs Owned By] – Ediciones Poligrafa, S.A., Barcelona, Spain
- Piano [Pianos], Keyboards – Eric Woolfson
- Producer – Alan Parsons
- Synthesizer [Synthesizers], Saxophone [Saxphones] – Richard "Trix" Cottle*
- Vocals – Chris Rainbow, Eric Woolfson, Geoff Barradale, John Miles, Lenny Zakatek
- Written-By – Alan Parsons, Eric Woolfson
Notes"This album was inspired by the life and works of Antonio Gaudi (1852-1926), a Catalan architect whose grand conception, The Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona, involves a construction timetable which will run for hundreds of years. He is buried in the crypt of his unfinished masterpiece."
Recorded 48 track on Sony 3324 Digital recorders and mixed via an Amek Angela automated console to a Sony 1630 System digital master.
Recorded at "The Grange" and at Mayfair Studios, England between October 1985 and August 1986.
Originally published in the U.K. by Woolfsongs Ltd.
All compositions © 1985 Woolfsongs Ltd. and Careers Music, Inc. (BMI).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 86978 84527 6
- Matrix / Runout: DIDX-249186 2 A01
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L329
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 50BR
|258 084||The Alan Parsons Project||Gaudi (CD, Album)||Arista||258 084||Europe||1987|
|208 084||The Alan Parsons Project||Gaudi (CD, Album, RE, Unofficial, Min)||Ariola||208 084||Russia||Unknown|
|260 171||The Alan Parsons Project||Gaudi (CD, Album, RE, Unofficial)||Arista||260 171||Russia||2003|
|32RD-89||The Alan Parsons Project||Gaudi (CD, Album)||Arista||32RD-89||Japan||1987|
|130.8001||The Alan Parsons Project||Gaudi (LP, Album)||Arista||130.8001||Brazil||1987|
- Freudiana - Freudiana flac mp3 album
- The Alan Parsons Project - You Don't Believe flac mp3 album
- The Alan Parsons Project - Ammonia Avenue flac mp3 album
- The Alan Parsons Project - I Robot flac mp3 album
- The Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Card flac mp3 album
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky flac mp3 album
- The Alan Parsons Project - The Best Of The Alan Parsons Project flac mp3 album
- The Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid flac mp3 album
- The Alan Parsons Project - Standing On Higher Ground flac mp3 album
- The Alan Parsons Project - Vulture Culture flac mp3 album