Red Onion Jazz Company - Braunschweig mp3 flac download
Red Onion Jazz Babies discography. A history of Jazz before 1930. This site contains thousands of songs from this era in Real Audio format, as well as hundreds of biographies and discographies of Jazz musicians. Red Onion Jazz Babies sessions were organized by Clarence Williams and featured Lil Hardin-Armstrong who had come east to be near her husband Louis who had just joined the Fletcher Henderson Orchestra the month before. The sessions are also famous for bringing Sidney Bechet and Louis Armstrong together for the first time on record.
Red Onion Jazz Babies sessions were organized by Clarence Williams and featured Lil Hardin-Armstrong who had come east to be near her husband Louis who had just joined the Fletcher Henderson Orchestra the month before.
The Red Onion Jazz Babies was an early supergroup of the Jazz Age. Among its members were Louis Armstrong, Sidney Bechet, Lil Hardin and others in the early 1920s. As it comprised some of the most influential soloists and performers of the era, the group was significant in highlighting the early period of their careers (Armstrong would continue performing until his death in 1971). Although the group was only together for a short time, they recorded a few memorable songs, including "Terrible Blues" (1924).
Brand X are a jazz fusion band formed in London in 1975. They were active until 1980, followed by a reformation between 1992–1999. Noted members included John Goodsall (guitar), Percy Jones (bass), Robin Lumley (keyboards) and Phil Collins (drums). Goodsall and Jones were the sole constant members throughout the band's existence. In 2016, Goodsall, Jones and Kenwood Dennard reunited with new musicians Chris Clark on keyboards and Scott Weinberger on percussion.
In early 1965, The Red Onion Jazz Band released their self-titled debut LP. Its black-and-white cover art (see above) was designed by tuba player Kim Lynch, however in October, he and two other members, clarinetist, vocalist and occasional violinist Gerry Humphreys and Ian Clyne left, after three years of success, to play together the electric Rhythm and Blues that was beginning to eclipse jazz amongst younger audiences, especially after the visit of the Beatles. A Red Onion Jazz Band exhibition was opened by Allan Browne on 7 August 2010 at the Victorian Jazz Archive. Allan Browne - drums (1961
|A1||Herr Ober, Zwei Mokka ...||3:08|
|A2||When The Robert E. Lee Comes To Town||2:38|
|A3||Creole Love Call||3:20|
|A4||Mein Gorilla Hat 'Ne Villa ...||3:29|
|A6||Red Onion Song||4:28|
|B1||Ich Laß' Mir Meinen Körper Schwarz Bepinseln||3:02|
|B2||Working Man Blues||2:27|
|B3||Dr. Jazz Stomp||3:49|
|B5||I'm Throught, Good Bye||3:18|
|B6||Wochenend Und Sonnenschein||5:10|
NotesAufgenommen am 10. und 11. März 1979.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Rights Society (boxed): GEMA
- Kid Ory And His Creole Jazz Band - Kid Ory's Creole Jazz Band 1944-45 Vol. 1 flac mp3 album
- Lu Watters Yerba Buena Jazz Band - Working Man Blues / Big Bear Stomp flac mp3 album
- Fushara - Cheese & Onion / Senses VIP / Terror Tactic flac mp3 album
- Dave O'Connor - Life Is Like An Onion / She's An Angel Living In Hell flac mp3 album
- Onion Creek Crawdaddies - Irons In The Fire flac mp3 album
- Various - The New Orleans Jazz Scene Of The 50's flac mp3 album
- MIRANDA JAY - THE ONION SONG flac mp3 album
- Thomas Jefferson And His Creole Jazz Band - Hello Dolly flac mp3 album
- Peter Schwarz - Alte Bekannte Im Zither-Klang flac mp3 album
- Dick "Two Ton" Baker and His Music Makers - Everybody Has A Laughing Place / I'm A Lonely Little Petunia In An Onion Patch flac mp3 album