The Wild Cherries - That's Life mp3 flac download
The band had several personnel changes, the 1967 line-up featured Keith Barber on drums, Peter Eddey on bass guitar, founder Les Gilbert on keyboards, Lobby Loyde (ex-The Purple Hearts) on guitars, and Dan Robinson on vocals
The above album is a compilation of the Wild Cherries’ 4 singles (the B-sides all being respectable soul rock songs) and 16 live cuts. The live cuts are entirely covers in weak fidelity and as such, do not represent a band who was considered exciting and explosive on stage. The Wild Cherries or also known as the Wild Indian Cherries were one of Australia’s first genuine psychedelic groups. Aussie guitar legend Lobby Loyde came to this band in or around 1967, after doing time with yet another legendary band, the Purple Hearts. In 1967, nothing on the airwaves sounded quite like That’s Life. Even today, That’s Life is considered one of the most imaginative singles that ever came out of the Australian underground. It reached the top 40, and opens with a huge fuzz guitar riff which gives way to a pounding psych punk masterpiece.
Try Me (I'm Not As Bad As You Think). Tobacco Road (ver 2).
Play That Funky Music. Прослушать Скачать 05:01. Play That Funky Music. Прослушать Скачать 05:02. Keep On Playin' That Funky Music Album Version. Прослушать Скачать 03:03. Picking Wild Cherries. Прослушать Скачать 04:25. The Fabulous Thunderbirds.
While there, they laid down tracks for a debut single, including Loyde ’ s Krome Plated Yabby and a cover of Otis Redding ’ s Fa - Fa - Fa which was never completed. Perhaps due to its advanced nature, Krome Plated Yabby failed to chart when it was released in June 1967. Undeterred, the group followed it up with Loyde ’ s That ’ s Life , which became a minor hit in Melbourne, charting at 38 in November.
A compilation, The Wild Cherries: That's Life was released in 2007 by Half A Cow Records. Loyde went on to join Billy Thorpe & the Aztecs, then formed Lobby Loyde & the Coloured Balls and also had a solo career. Early years: 1964–1966. In 1964, Melbourne University's Architecture students, John Bastow on vocals, Rob Lovett on rhythm guitar and vocals, and Les Gilbert on bass guitar, formed The Wild Cherries. Although Gilbert had studied classical piano with noted pianist Leslie Miers at an early age, he initially played bass guitar. Latest News for: wild cherries prompting wild cheers from perhaps THREE Tories.
|B||Try Me (I'm Not As Bad As You Think)||3:40|
- Made By – Festival Records Pty. Ltd.
- Producer [Uncredited] – David Flint
- Written-By – B. Lyde*
NotesA P.R. Production
Made in Australia by Festival Records Pty. Ltd.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Centre Label & Run-Out Etching A-Side): MX25233
- Matrix / Runout (Centre Label & Run-Out Etching B-Side): MX25234
- Steve Bolton - Walk On The Wild Side flac mp3 album
- Mouloudji Avec André Grassi Et Son Orchestre - Le Rêve / Si Tu T'imagines flac mp3 album
- The Homestead - Today's Top Hits (Featuring You Light Up My Life) flac mp3 album
- Bad Company - Can't Get Enough flac mp3 album
- The Sunsets - Theme From A Life In The Sun / Windansea flac mp3 album
- Blackfoot Sue - Standing In The Road flac mp3 album
- Noeleen Batley - You Made Me Love You (I Didn't Want To Do It) flac mp3 album
- Capleton / Simon Templer - God Mi Love / One Life To Live flac mp3 album
- The Move - Blackberry Way flac mp3 album
- Jimmy Little - Winterwood flac mp3 album