James Tenney - Selected Works 1961-1969 mp3 flac download
This CD is a reissue of the Frog Peak/Artifact Recording, James Tenney: Selected Works 1961-1969, the first recorded collection of James Tenney's music of the 1960s. Many of the pieces on this disc were realized at Bell Telephone Laboratories from 1961 to 1969 where Tenney used Max Mathews's digital synthesis program, which eventually became Music IV. Cover art from The Granger Collection, New York
James Tenney: Selected Works 1961-1969. Released by New World Records Jan 2003 8 Tracks. James Tenney: Selected Works 1961-1969 is a English album released on Jan 2003. James Tenney: Selected Works 1961-1969 Album has 8 songs sung by James Tenney. Listen to all songs in high quality & download James Tenney: Selected Works 1961-1969 songs on Gaana. attr("src", $('. de tp.
Get the Tempo of the tracks from Selected Works 1961-1969 (1992) by James Tenney. BPM Profile Selected Works 1961-1969. Album starts at 56BPM, ends at BPM (-56), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by James Tenney. Having Never Written a Note for Percussion. Melody, Ergodicity and Indeterminancy.
Tenney was one of the first composers to use Max Mathew's computer music synthesis system at Bell Labs, and this CD includes some works created there: "Ergodos II (For John Cage)" and "Analog Noise Study. Also included are his humorous study of Elvis Presley's voice in "Collage (Blue Suede)"; the terrifying "Fabric for Che"; and the illusionary "For Ann (Rising)," an audio version of the n visual illusion (. when a stopped train still seems to be moving to a passenger), in which tones rise but get.
James Tenney: Selected Works 1961-1969. 8 tracks · 15 June 1992. 11 tracks · 30 March 2004. The Solo Works For Percussion. James Tenney: Music for Violin & Piano.
This release aptly demonstrates Tenney's deep exploratory fascination with the nature and potentialities of aural perception. His attraction to these topics was simultaneously intellectual and sensuous, and its musical products at once invite both sustained reflection and the most immediate of corporeal responses . 80570 James Tenney: Selected Works 1961- 1969 James Tenney. 80612 Postal Pieces James Tenney. 80692 James Tenney: Spectrum Pieces James Tenney.
|1||Collage #1 ("Blue Suede")||3:22|
|2||Analog #1 (Noise Study)||4:23|
|4||Phases (For Edgard Varèse)||12:20|
|5||Music For Player Piano||5:48|
|6||Ergodos II (For John Cage)||18:24|
|7||Fabric For Ché||9:50|
|8||For Ann (Rising)||11:47|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Recorded Anthology Of American Music, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Recorded Anthology Of American Music, Inc.
- Published By – Smith Publications
- Produced For – Frog Peak Music
- Produced For – Artifact Recordings
- Remastered At – Center for Contemporary Music, Mills College
- Glass Mastered At – DADC – DIDX-071600
- Designed At – Bob Defrin Design
- Booklet Editor [Liner Notes Editor] – Lauren Pratt
- Engineer, Remastered By – Tom Erbe
- Liner Notes – Larry Polansky
- Producer – Larry Polansky
- Supervised By [Remastering Under The Supervision Of] – James Tenney
NotesThis CD is a reissue of the Frog Peak/Artifact Recording, James Tenney: Selected Works 1961-1969, the first recorded collection of James Tenney's music of the 1960s. Many of the pieces on this disc were realized at Bell Telephone Laboratories from 1961 to 1969 where Tenney used Max Mathews's digital synthesis program, which eventually became Music IV.
Cover art from The Granger Collection, New York.
"The reissue of this recording was made possible by grants from the California Institute for the Arts Faculty Developement Fund, 2002, the Francis Goelet Charitable Lead Trust, and the New York State Council on the Arts, with thanks to Artifact Recordings and Frog Peak Music (A Composers' Collective).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: DIDX-071600 2
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L328
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 50D1
- Other (Stamped in matrix ring - mirrored): AO1
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: SOCAN
|FP 001, ART 1007||James Tenney||Selected Works 1961-1969 (CD)||Frog Peak Music, Artifact Recordings||FP 001, ART 1007||US||1992|
- Harry Smith - Anthology Of American Folk Music Volume One: Ballads flac mp3 album
- Keeril Makan, Either/Or - Letting Time Circle Through Us flac mp3 album
- The Beatles - Anthology 3 flac mp3 album
- Larry Bell - River Of Ponds: Cello Music By Larry Bell flac mp3 album
- What We Live - Quintet For A Day flac mp3 album
- John Melby / James Tenney - Concerto For Violin, English Horn & Computer-Synthesized Tape / Saxony flac mp3 album
- Salvatore Sciarrino - Florian Hoelscher - Piano Works flac mp3 album
- Wilhem Latchoumia - Piano & Electronic Sounds flac mp3 album
- Jay Ferguson - Bad Dreams flac mp3 album
- Philip Glass - Two Pages; Contrary Motion; Music In Fifths; Music In Similar Motion flac mp3 album