Rachel's / Matmos - Full On Night mp3 flac download
Full On Night is a collaborative EP between Rachel's and Matmos. It was released on Quarterstick Records in May 2000 and contains two tracks. Matmos remarks that: "The Precise Temperature of Darkness" is a reconstruction of "Full On Night," using the original studio masters and a live version as source. The original version of "Full On Night" appeared on Rachel's album Handwriting. Full on Night" (Recension mix) – 12:31. The Precise Temperature of Darkness" – 18:00.
The second track, "The Precise Temperature of Darkness," finds experimental electronic duo Matmos deconstructing the song even further, blending studio and live performances of the tune with a variety of esoteric samples to create an otherworldly pastiche of sounds totally unrecognizable from the first track. Too weird for newcomers, this EP is recommended for diehard Rachel's fans only.
Rachel's album number five. Side B sound sources: studio masters for "Full on Night" and live performances of the song at the Church of St. Philip Neri, Louisville KY (11/14/97) and at the Bottom of the Hill, San Francisco, CA (10/23/98). Trains taken from "Handwriting" album. Hi-hats recorded while at anchor in Louisville, Kentucky. Sticker on the cover informs us that "Rachel's and Matmos decompose, invert, chop, splice, reconstruct & rewrite the song 'Full On Night'".
Full On Night pairs Rachel's with longtime friends . Schmidt and Drew Daniel, better known as Matmos. The song "Full on Night" originally appeared on Handwriting, Rachel's debut album. Matmos combined new studio masters and liver recordings of the song to create "The Precise Temperature of Darkness," in which the original elements are taken radically out of context, processed, sliced apart and then fashioned into an intriguingly alien shape.
Matmos, Rachel's, Rachel's, Matmos - The Precise Temperature of Darkness 18:00. Significant Others - Rachel's. A Chance To Cut Is A Chance To Cure - Matmos. Supreme Balloon - Matmos. The Rose Has Teeth In The Mouth Of A Beast - Matmos.
00:12:32) Rachel's, Matmos - The Precise Temperature Of Darkness. 1. (00:00:00) Rachel's - Full On Night (Recension Mix). 2. (00:17:57) Matmos - The Precise Temperature Of Darkness.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||–Rachel's||Full On Night (Recension Mix)
Engineer [Live Show Mix] – Aaron Frisbee, Christina Files, Bob Weston*Mastered By – John LoderMixed By – Christian*, Edward*, Jason*, Rachel*, Bob*Performer [8mm Fireworks, Floods] – Gregory King*Recorded By – Bob Weston*Written By – Noble, Frederickson, Grimes
|2||–Matmos||The Precise Temperature Of Darkness
Acoustic Guitar [Bowed], Mixed By – Martin SchmidtCello – Eve MillerHihat [Hi-hats] – Kyle CrabtreeSampler, Sequenced By, Edited By [Digital Editing] – Drew DanielVoice [Joke] – Christian FredericksonWritten By – Daniel, Schmidt, Noble, Frederickson, Grimes
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Quarterstick Records
- Copyright (c) – Quarterstick Records
- Copyright (c) – Rachel's
- Copyright (c) – Matmos
- Recorded At – Chicago Recording Company
- Mixed At – Electrical Audio
- Mastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Pressed By – Americ Disc
- Artwork [Writing] – C. Frederickson*, J. Noble*, R. Grimes*
- Design [Booklet] – Rachel's
- Drums – Edward Grimes
- Guitar, Tape – Jason Noble*
- Photography By – Geraldine Patterson*, G. King*, J. Noble*
- Piano, Organ – Rachel Grimes
- Viola – Christian Frederickson, Dominic Johnson
- Written-By – Frederickson*, Daniel* (tracks: 2), Noble*, Schmidt* (tracks: 2), Grimes*
NotesThe original recording of "Full On Night" appears on Rachel's first record Handwriting LP.
New recording made July 1997 at Chicago Recording Company using digital videotape.
Mixed to 1/2" tape November 1999 at Electrical Audio.
Mastered January 2000 at Abbey Road Studios, London.
Sound sources on track 2: studio masters for "Full On Night" and live performances of the song at the Church of St. Philip Neri, Louisville (11/14/97) and the Bottom of the Hill, San Francisco (10/23/98). Trains taken from the "Handwriting" album. Hi-hats recorded while at Anchor in Louisville.
Catalog number appears on spine as: Qs69CD and Qs69 CD
Catalog number appears on disc top as: Qs69 CD
Issued in a standard jewel case with front and rear inserts, clear disc tray. Rear on jewel case has "Made In Canada" sticker.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 036172006922
- Barcode (Text): 0 36172 00692 2
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L481
- Mould SID Code: IFPI8112
- Matrix / Runout: MADE IN CANADA BY AMERIC DISC 1W1R1<0241>QS69CD
- Rights Society: BMI
|Qs69CD, Qs69 CD||Rachel's / Matmos||Rachel's / Matmos - Full On Night (CD, Album)||Quarterstick Records, Quarterstick Records||Qs69CD, Qs69 CD||US||2000|
|QS69||Rachels* / Matmos||Rachels* / Matmos - Full On Night (CDr, Album, TP)||Quarterstick Records||QS69||UK||2000|
|Qs69CD, Qs69 CD||Rachel's / Matmos||Rachel's / Matmos - Full On Night (CD, Album)||Quarterstick Records, Quarterstick Records||Qs69CD, Qs69 CD||Europe||2000|
|Qs69||Rachel's / Matmos||Rachel's / Matmos - Full On Night (12")||Quarterstick Records||Qs69||UK & US||2000|
- Rachel Brooke - A Killer's Dream flac mp3 album
- Various - Simply Relaxation flac mp3 album
- Noir For Rachel - Comfortable Solitude flac mp3 album
- Rachel's - Music For Egon Schiele flac mp3 album
- Rev T.L. James - Show Me The Way flac mp3 album
- Rachel's - Selenography flac mp3 album
- Rebekkah's Cousin Silas - The Devil Came To Me flac mp3 album
- Rachel Rachel - Carry On Wayward Son / I Will Stand By You flac mp3 album
- Matmos - A Chance To Cut Is A Chance To Cure flac mp3 album
- Rachel's - The Sea And The Bells flac mp3 album