Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers With Thelonious Monk - Blue Monk mp3 flac download
Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers with Thelonious Monk is a studio album released in 1958 on Atlantic Records, catalogue SD 1278. It is a collaboration between the Jazz Messengers, the group led by drummer Art Blakey, and special guest Thelonious Monk on piano. The album is the only time Monk recorded for the Atlantic label. Throughout the preceding decade, on sessions for both Blue Note and Riverside, Blakey had supported Monk on various occasions
Both co-leaders are at the peak of their respective prowess with insightful interpretations of nearly half a dozen inspired performances from this incarnation of the Blakey-led Jazz Messengers. This combo features Art Blakey (drums), Johnny Griffin (tenor sax), Bill Hardman (trumpet), and Spanky Debrest (bass). Immediately, Hardman ups the ante with a piledriving lead during "Evidence" that underscores the heavy-hitting nature of this particular jazz confab.
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers, Thelonious Monk – Purple Shades. Ray Copeland, Frank Foster, Curly Russell, Art Blakey, Thelonious Monk – We See. 7:41. Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers With Thelonious Monk – Purple Shades. Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers, Thelonious Monk – Blue Monk. Thelonious Monk, Gene Ramey, Art Blakey – Ruby My Dear. Art Blakey, Percy Heath, Thelonious Monk – Blue Monk. Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers, Thelonious Monk – I Mean You. 6:47. Art Blakey & Thelonious Monk – Evidence.
Title: Blue Monk (Remastered 2018). Download original 192Kbps, 1. 5 Mb, 07:50. Album: Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers with Thelonious Monk (2018). Artist: Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers with Thelonious Monk.
Art Blakey backed Monk many times in their careers, but this is the only album in which Blakey is the leader and Monk the side man. The sound samples on this page will speak volumes about the music and those should be your true guide with respect to the musical value of this album. I can only offer my personal perspective and that will be centered on the rhythm section for which I do apologize. Five of the six tracks are Monk compositions - Purple Shades is Johnny Griffin's. Griffin on tenor is a treat because I have very little of his work from this era in my library. Blue Monk and I Mean You (and alternate takes of those) were recorded on May 14, 1957, and the remaining tracks on the following day. The album was not released until June 1958.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Thelonious Monk
|B||I Mean You
Written-By – Thelonious Monk
- Bass – Spanky DeBrest
- Drums – Art Blakey
- Engineer [Recording] – Earl Brown*
- Piano – Thelonious Monk
- Supervised By [Supervising] – Nesuhi Ertegun
- Tenor Saxophone – Johnny Griffin
- Trumpet – Bill Hardman
- Thelonious Monk - The Great Monk [ Brilliant Corners / Monk's Music ] flac mp3 album
- Thelonious Monk - This Is Jazz 5 flac mp3 album
- Thelonious Monk Quartet - Thelonious Monk In Europe Vol. 1 flac mp3 album
- Thelonious Monk - Monk's Greatest Hits flac mp3 album
- Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers With Thelonious Monk - Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers With Thelonious Monk flac mp3 album
- Thelonious Monk - Something In Blue flac mp3 album
- Thelonious Monk - Blue Monk flac mp3 album
- Thelonious Monk - Monk In France flac mp3 album
- Thelonious Monk - The Rough Guide To Thelonious Monk flac mp3 album
- Thelonious Monk With Sonny Rollins And Frank Foster - Monk flac mp3 album