Yann Novak - The Future Is A Forward Escape Into The Past mp3 flac download
Complete your Yann Novak collection. Casting Ourselves Back Into The Past. Nothing Ever Transcends Its Immediate Environment.
For this album I was interested in expanding into a more emotive compositional style and palette. In doing so, I was reminded that this was territory I had covered early on in my career - the whole process became a way to reconnect with my own past and history. The Album’s four tracks dynamically shift and surge, where time is rendered as material and momentum compels it into movement. Subtle distortion throughout the album ties the tracks together and echoes techniques explored in Novak’s 'Meadowsweet' (Dragon’s Eye, 2006). Yann Novak is a queer interdisciplinary artist and composer based in Los Angeles. His work is guided by his interests in perception, context, movement, and the felt presence of direct experience.
Yann Novak is an artist, composer, and curator based in Los Angeles. Through the use of sound and light, Novak explores how these intangible materials can act as catalysts to focus our awareness on our present location in space and time.
There's lots of brittle crackling, and a surprising amount of bass distortion for a drone album of this type. There's also the presence of bird song and other natural sounds.
Album The Future is a Forward Escape into the Past. Nothing Ever Transcends its Immediate Environment Lyrics. 3. 4.
into-the-past The Future is a Forward Escape Into the Past' is the latest album by Los Angeles-based multidisciplinary artist and composer Yann Novak, and his second for Touch.
The Future is a Forward Escape Into the Past is the latest album by Los Angeles-based multidisciplinary artist and composer Yann Novak, and his second for Touch. It considers the relationships between memory, time, and context through four vibrantly constructed tracks that push Novak's work in a new direction while simultaneously exploring his sonic past.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||The Inertia Of Time||9:49|
|3||Casting Ourselves Back Into The Past||10:19|
|4||Nothing Ever Transcends Its Immediate Environment
Vocals [Sample] – Geneva Skeen
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Touch
- Copyright (c) – Touch
- Mastered At – 158, Brisbane
- Published By – Touch Music
- Published By – Fairwood Music Ltd.
- Composed By, Recorded By – Yann Novak
- Mastered By – Lawrence English
- Photography, Design – Jon Wozencroft
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5050580681040
|TO:105||Yann Novak||The Future Is A Forward Escape Into The Past (4xFile, FLAC, Album)||Touch||TO:105||UK||2018|
- Yann Polewka / Da Growch - Common Dimension flac mp3 album
- Various - The Past The Present The Future flac mp3 album
- Novák, Suk - String Quartet In G Major, Op. 22 / String Quartet In B Flat Major, Op. 11 flac mp3 album
- Various - Past Present Future flac mp3 album
- A Touch Of Class - Touch The Sky flac mp3 album
- Lawrence English - Kiri No Oto flac mp3 album
- Jeffrey Novak - One Of A Kind / Short Trip Home flac mp3 album
- Tri Yann - Tri Yann flac mp3 album
- Cascada - Everytime We Touch flac mp3 album
- Tri Yann - Le Meilleur De Tri Yann flac mp3 album