Gustav Holst, English Chamber Orchestra Conducted By Imogen Holst - Lyric Movement / Brook Green Suite / Nocturne / A Fugal Concerto / St Paul's Suite mp3 flac download
Complete your Gustav Holst, English Chamber Orchestra Conducted By Imogen Holst collection. Lyric Movement For Viola And Orchestra. Nocturne (Moorside Suite). Fugal Concerto For Flute, Oboe & Strings.
Below is a sortable list of compositions by Gustav Holst. The works are categorized by genre, H. catalogue number (A Thematic Catalogue of Gustav Holst's Music by Imogen Holst, London, Faber Music Lt. 1974), opus number, date of composition and title. Holst, Imogen (1974). A Thematic Catalogue of Gustav Holst's Music, London: Faber Music Ltd. Gustav Holst at Pytheas Center for Contemporary Music.
The beautiful Lyric Movement for viola and chamber orchestra was the composer's last completed work. It belongs to the rather austere style that characterizes the composer's late music, yet it contains an inner warmth and sheen nonetheless (Stephen Tees is the very fine soloist on this recording). The Brook Green Suite was written for the junior orchestra at St. Paul's Girls School just before the Lyric Movement (in 1933). Despite its relatively modest technical demands it is a musically rewarding, evocative work, especially the folk-song-sounding Air. The genial Fugal Concerto (1923) is utterly charming and attractive - Holst's mastery of counterpoint is remarkable, but I suspect many listeners would not realize they were listening to fugues in this splendidly attractive, pastoral work.
English Chamber Orchestra, Imogen Holst, Peter Graeme, William Bennett, Густав Холст - Fugal Concerto for Flute, Oboe & Strings, O. 0, N. : II. Adagio 02:50. English Chamber Orchestra, Imogen Holst, Peter Graeme, William Bennett, Густав Холст - Fugal Concerto for Flute, Oboe & Strings, O. : III. Allegro 03:01. English Chamber Orchestra, Imogen Holst, Густав Холст - Ballet Music from The Golden Goose, O. 5, N. 14:50. English Chamber Orchestra, Imogen Holst, Густав Холст - A Moorside Suite: Nocturne 06:36
Brook Green Suite For String Orchestra - Prelude - Nicholas Braithwaite. 2. Air - Nicholas Braithwaite. 3. Dance - Nicholas Braithwaite. A Fugal Concerto, Op. 40. No. 2 Moderato - Nicholas Braithwaite. 6. Adagio - Nicholas Braithwaite.
This album has an average beat per minute of BPM (slowest/fastest tempos:, BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist St. Paul's Suite, A Fugal Concerto, Brooks Green Suite, A Somerset Rhapsody. St. Paul's Suite for String Orchestra, Op. 29 No. 2: III. Intermezzo: Andante con moto - Vivace. Brook Green Suite for String Orchestra: II. Air - Andante. Recent albums by English Chamber Orchestra.
str (fl ob cl). 1933. str (fl ob cl). Originally intended to be the second movement of Brook Green Suite. Music for a play put on by the St. Paul's Girls' School Imogen Holst recalls the harp part being played by a string orchestra, but no parts have been discovered. 170. The Coming of Christ. Intended for the 1914 Morecambe Festival. 073. Three Hymns for The English Hymnal.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Lyric Movement For Viola And Orchestra
Viola – Cecil Aronowitz
|Brook Green Suite|
|A5||Nocturne (Moorside Suite)
Arranged By [Arr. For Strings By The Composer] – Gustav Holst
|Fugal Concerto For Flute, Oboe & Strings
Flute – William Bennett Oboe – Peter Graeme
|St Paul's Suite|
- Recorded At – Kingsway Hall
- Mastered At – Decca Studios
- Pressed By – Decca Record Co. Ltd., Pressing Plant, UK.
- Printed By – Garrod & Lofthouse
- Made By – Garrod & Lofthouse
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Lyrita Recorded Edition
- Copyright (c) – Lyrita Recorded Edition
- Published By – Oxford University Press
- Published By – Curwen
- Published By – Novello
- Composed By – Gustav Holst
- Conductor, Sleeve Notes – Imogen Holst
- Design [Sleeve Design] – Keith Hensby
- Engineer [Uncredited] – Kenneth Wilkinson
- Leader – Emanuel Hurwitz
- Mastered By – K
- Orchestra – English Chamber Orchestra
- Producer [Uncredited] – David Harvey
NotesThis is the first UK version for this Category.
- Blue labels with silver print
- 'Groove' in label area
- "M.C.P.S." diagonally in a box
- "MADE IN ENGLAND" in rim text
- "AN ORIGINAL LYRITA RECORDING FIRST PUBLISHED IN 1967"
- Front laminated
- Three-way flipbacks
- No catalogue number on spine
- "℗ & © LYRITA RECORDED EDITION, ENGLAND, 1967"
- "Printed and made by Garrod & Lofthouse Ltd. Patents pending"
- Sleeve notes in English only on back
- SRCS 34 on sleeve
- SRCS.34 on labels
- Track A1: "O.U.P."
- Tracks A2 to A4 and B2 to B5: "Curwen"
- Tracks B1.a to B1.c: "Novello"
- Recorded 16 - 17 March 1966 in Kingsway Hall, London
- Sub tracks in track B1 are not banded on vinyl
- Mastered and pressed by Decca ('BUCKINGHAM' stamper codes in runout)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A - stamped): ZLY-5067-1K U KT 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B - stamped): ZLY-5068-2K U KT 1
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label - side A): ZLY.5067
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label - side B): ZLY.5068
- Rights Society: M.C.P.S.
- Other (Corresponding mono Category on bottom flipback): RCS 34
|4373, S/4373||Gustav Holst, English Chamber Orchestra Conducted By Imogen Holst||Gustav Holst, English Chamber Orchestra Conducted By Imogen Holst - The Music Of Gustav Holst (LP, Album, Mono, Club)||World Record Club, World Record Club||4373, S/4373||Australia||1968|
|R-00299, S/4373||Gustav Holst, English Chamber Orchestra Conducted By Imogen Holst||Gustav Holst, English Chamber Orchestra Conducted By Imogen Holst - The Music Of Gustav Holst (LP, Album, Club, RE)||World Record Club, World Record Club||R-00299, S/4373||Australia||1975|
|S/4373, S-4373||Gustav Holst, English Chamber Orchestra Conducted By Imogen Holst||Gustav Holst, English Chamber Orchestra Conducted By Imogen Holst - The Music Of Gustav Holst (LP, Album, Club)||World Record Club, World Record Club||S/4373, S-4373||Australia||1968|
|ST38B, ST.38||Gustav Holst, English Chamber Orchestra Conducted By Imogen Holst||Gustav Holst, English Chamber Orchestra Conducted By Imogen Holst - The Music Of Gustav Holst (Reel, 4tr Stereo, 5" Reel, Album, Club)||World Tape Club, World Tape Club||ST38B, ST.38||Australia||1968|
|SRCS 34, SRCS.34||Gustav Holst, English Chamber Orchestra Conducted By Imogen Holst||Gustav Holst, English Chamber Orchestra Conducted By Imogen Holst - Lyric Movement / Brook Green Suite / Nocturne / A Fugal Concerto / St Paul's Suite (LP, Album, RE)||Lyrita Recorded Edition, Lyrita Recorded Edition||SRCS 34, SRCS.34||UK||Unknown|
- Alban Berg / Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra / Michael Gielen / Kathleen Battle - Lulu Suite . Lyric Suite flac mp3 album
- William Alwyn, London Philharmonic Orchestra - Symphony No. 1 flac mp3 album
- Gustav Holst, Bernard Herrmann, The London Philharmonic Orchestra - The Planets flac mp3 album
- Bournemouth Sinfonietta Conducted By George Hurst - English Music For Strings flac mp3 album
- Grieg, Vienna Festival Orchestra, Gianfranco Rivoli - Lyric Suite, Op. 54 flac mp3 album
- William Walton / Bryn Terfel • Tasmin Little • Robert Cohen • Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra • Andrew Litton - The Centenary Edition: Symphonies • Concertos • Façade Suits • Belshazzar's Feast • Hindemith Variations • Henry V Suite • Coronation Music flac mp3 album
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - За Рулем Collection flac mp3 album
- English String Orchestra, William Boughton - NARM 1991 flac mp3 album
- Bax - London Philharmonic Orchestra, Raymond Leppard - Symphony No 5 flac mp3 album
- Holst - Peter Pears, Norbert Brainin, Richard Adeney, Cecil Aronowitz, Peter Graeme, Viola Tunnard, The Purcell Singers, Imogen Holst - Vocal And Instrumental Music flac mp3 album